Dining in the restaurants has become a trend of late owing to the fast life we live. But, have you ever given a thought to the cleanliness and hygiene in the restaurants you eat? Here are the details of restaurant violation found in Maricopa County.
A priority violation is a violation which has a direct effect on the health of the eaters. The chances of getting foodborne diseases are high if these violations are found in a restaurant. And, Grade A is given to those restaurants which have no violation.
Pakwan Indian Bistro
It’s situated at 6045 W. Chandler Blvd., Suite 4, Chandler. The violations found here are 6 in number.
- Cilantro was handled without gloves.
- A bag of slimy, discolored spinach was found at the kitchen.
- Raw chicken and cilantro stored together in the same container improperly.
- Heavy cream and bag of garbanzo were found at improper temperature.
- Personal medication was found near the cooking equipment in the kitchen.
- Vegetables stored in plastic bags.
At 861 E. Warner Road, Phoenix, the Albertson’s also has 6 violations.
- Employee washed hands without soap after cleaning utensils.
- Employee handled a phone and served the customer without washing hands.
- Tongs stored in the hot case unit with dried food debris.
- Utensils sanitized for less than the required time.
- Ham and Swiss cheese used after the expiry date.
- Open chemical bottle found at the kitchen, and a bag of sanitizer found near the bags of oil.
Wicked Six Bar & Grill–
It’s based at 13100 N. Sunridge Drive, Fountain Hills. It has a total of 5 violations.
- An employee moved trash can and continued to work at the ready to eat food without gloves.
- Diced chicken stored at above-required temperature.
- Alfredo sauce, cut tomatoes, tomato sauce, and cheeses were stored at the freezer above required temperature.
- Cut chicken and tomatoes found after the expiry date.
- An employee at outside pizza oven cut food items on the prep surface and continued pizza dough making n the same surface.
The Fry Bread House–
Situated at 4545 N. Seventh Ave., Phoenix, the restaurant has 4 violations in total.
- Spinach, shredded cheese and salad mix found above required temperature.
- Hamburger patties and cooked beans found after the expiry date.
- Jar of chlorine solution found in the kitchen.
- Cold syrup, inhaler, unidentified pills and other medication found at the food preparation table.
Address-3641 E. Baseline Road, Suite Q-100, GilbertThis one has 4 violations as well.
- Raw eggs stored above the vegetables in cooler.
- Cooked rice and seafood salad found at above normal temperature.
- Chlorine solution found in the kitchen.
- Pesticides spray cans found at food area.
These are the violations in the restaurants. It should be noted that these violations are major ones and should be treated with utmost seriousness. But, there are many restaurants in the whole Arizona which have managed to get ‘Grade A’ status that means those are with no violations.
List of Grade A Restaurants in Phoenix-
- Arriba Mexican Grill, at 1812 E. Camelback Road.
- Bamboo China, at 7575 N. 16th St., Suite 23.
- Flavors of India, at 4515 N. 16th St.
- Babbo Italian Eatery, at 6855 N. 16th St.
- Hana Japanese Eatery, at 5524 N. Seventh Ave
List of Grade A Restaurants in Scottsdale-
- Tokyo Joe’s, at 16500 N. Scottsdale Road, Suite 100.
- Los Sombreros, at 2534 N. Scottsdale Road.
- Blaze Pizza,at 16201 N. Scottsdale Road, Suite 105.
- Lo-Lo’s Chicken & Waffles, situated at 3133 N Scottsdale Road.
- Sprinkles Cupcakes, at 4501 N. Scottsdale Road, Suite 101
Food has the properties of both providing nutrition and decaying your health. The food we eat should always be clean and nutritious to have irrespective of where you eat. The food inspector at Arizona has completely verified the cooking area and the food serving area and found these violations and the report has been made public. We hope you take these things into account next time you go out to dine with your friends and family.